By David Himbara
* In 2006, Tribert Rujugiro Ayabatwa launched his US$20 million Union Trade Centre (UTC) shopping mall in downtown Kigali.
* In 2012/2013, UTC was judged to be one the best-run mid-sized companies in Rwanda and awarded a certificate for being “a top 100 mid sized company” by the Rwanda Development Board and KPMG.
* In 2013, the Kagame regime took over the management of UTC, claiming that it was “abandoned.”
* In 2015, the regime which was managing UTC now lied that the company had defaulted on its taxes.
* On September 25, 2017, the regime auctioned UTC to a company called Kigali Investment Group for RWF6.8 billion which is US$8million.
Now tell me. Isn’t this madness? How do you sell a stolen property? Who buys a stolen property?
The regime has gone mad.